- Toll, parking, permit charges appilicable .
- Extra kilometers & hour charges applicable.
For Booking a Cab- Taxi, Please Dial 0421- 2888 999
Book Cab - Hire Taxi from Tirupur To Ooty @ Just Rs. 3300/-
Ooty (Udhagamandalam) fondly known as “The Queen of Hill Stations” is the headquarters of the Nilgiri District. It s is located in the Western Ghats zone at an altitude of 2240 mtrs. This was the Summer Capital of Madras Presidency during the British rule. Presently, it is the best hill station in South India for tourists and visitors to enjoy the cool climate. It is located 353 Km from Chennai, 80 Km from Coimbatore, 155 Km from Mysore, 19 km from Coonoor, 31 Km from Kotagiri, and 50 Km from Gudalur. The nearest airport is Coimbatore, around 96 km away. Ooty has three helipads, one at Theettukal and two at Kodanad.
Ooty has been the inhabitation of Tribal community called “Thoda” . Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Badaga and English are the popularly spoken languages at Ooty. The temperature ranges from -2 degree to 25 degree Celsius; Average temperature ranges from17 to 20 degree Celsius. The best time to visit Ooty is the summer season from April to June and the off season from September to November.
Summer festival is celebrated during the summer vacation: Flower Show, Fruit Show, Boat Races and Boat Pageantry are celebrated in Ooty during the month of May. The Tea and Tourism festival is celebrated in January.
Fast Tack Call Taxi Provides the best deal for booking cab hire service from Tirupur to Ooty.
Popular Places in Ooty:
Gardens and Parks in Ooty
The Ooty Botanical Garden and the government rose garden are the famous gardens to be visited in Ooty. The Botanical garden is spread over 22 hectares ascending the slopes on the hill with lush, green, and well-maintained environment. The gardens have around a thousand species, both exotic and indigenous, of plants, shrubs, ferns, trees, and herbal and bonsai plants. The garden has a 20-million-year-old fossilised tree. Rose garden has one of the largest collections of roses in the country with more than 20,000 varieties of roses of 2,800 cultivars. A flower show along with an exhibition of rare plant species is held every May. Deer park which is located near the Ooty Lake is yet another place to enjoy..
Lakes and Dams in Ooty
Ooty Lake covers an area of 65 acres. It is located just behind the central Bus Stand and near the Railway station with an irregular 'L' shape having about 2.75 km length. The boat house established alongside the lake, which offers boating facilities to tourists, is a major tourist attraction in Ooty. Pykara is a river located 19 km from Ooty. The river flows through a series of cascades; and the last two falls of 55 meters and 61 meters are known as Pykara falls. A boat house near the Pykara falls and dam is added attractions to the tourists. Kamaraj Sagar Dam is located at a distance of 10 km from the Ooty bus stand. Avalanche Lake is located at 28 km from Ooty. The surrounding landscape is simply mesmerizing. Emerald Lake is located at a distance of 25 km from Ooty. The lake can be viewed via a viewpoint on the dam located nearby.
Forest and Wildlife in Ooty
Doddabetta, the highest peak (2,623 m) is located 10 km from Ooty. The view of Nilgris from here is worth watching with telescope. Pine forests situated between Ooty and Thalakunda is a small downhill region where pine trees are arranged in an orderly fashion.
Mudumalai National Park and Tiger reserve lies on the north western side of the Nilgiri Hills. The sanctuary is divided into 5 ranges - Masinagudi, Thepakadu, Mudumalai, Kargudi and Nellakota. The best aspect here is that other than the wildlife, the scenery itself is quite enchanting. The wildlife often found are the herds of endangered Indian elephants, vulnerable gaur, and chital. The sanctuary is a haven for Bengal tigers and Indian leopards.
A spectacular thing on Ooty is to enjoy the Nilgiri Mountain Railway which crawls through the mountain between Mettupalayam and Coonoor . Other spots you will not miss to admire in Ooty are the Govt museum, Stone house, Shooting Point, Dolphin’s Nose, Thunder World, St. Stephen's Church, Wax World Museum, Kodanadu's View Point and Sim's recreation area.
Different Combination of Ooty Sightseeing:
1. Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary Sightseeing (6 Hrs- 90 km).
2. Ooty & Coonoor Sightseeing (9 Hrs -90 km): Ooty Centenary Rose Garden, Lake (Boathouse), Thread Garden, Children Park, Botanical Garden, Dodabetta Peak, Tea Factory, Wax Museum, Ketti Valley View, MRC Military Camp (Outside View), Sims Park, Dolphin's Nose, Lamb's Rock, Tea Gardens, Nilgiri Mountain Railway.
3. Coonoor Local Sightseeing (6-8 Hrs – 70 km): Ketti Valley View, MRC Military Camp (Outside View), Dolphin's Nose, Lamb's Rock, Tea Gardens, Sims Park, Nilgiri Mountain Railway and back to Ooty.
4. Ooty Local Sightseeing (4- 8 Hrs: 80 km): Ooty Centenary Rose Garden, Lake (Boathouse), Thread Garden, Children's Park, Tea Museum, Tea Factory, Dodabetta Peak, Botanical Garden, Wax Museum.
5. Pykara & Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary (9 Hrs – 120 Km): Ooty to Pine Forest, Kamarajar Dam, 6th Mile, 9th Mile Film shooting point, Toda settlements (Tribal Village), Golf course, Pykara falls, Pykara lake (Boating), Mudumalai Wild Life Sanctuary Sightseeing & Return to Ooty.
6. Ooty & Pykara sector Sightseeing (8 Hrs – 80 Km): Ooty to Centenary Rose Garden, Lake (Boathouse), Thread Garden, Children Park, Tea Museum, Dodabetta Peak, Tea Factory, Botanical Garden, Pine Forest, Kamarajar Dam, 6th Mile, 9th Mile (Cine shooting point), Toda settlements (Tribal Village), Golf course, Pykara falls, Pykara lake(Boating) & back to Ooty.
7. Pykara Lake & Falls Sightseeing (5-8 Hrs): Ooty to Pine Forest, Kamarajar Dam, 6th Mile, 9th Mile Cine shooting point, Toda settlements (Tribal Village), Golf course, Pykara falls, Pykara lake(Boating) & back to Ooty.
8. Avalanche (8 Hrs- 70 km): Ooty to Avalanche, Tribal Museum, Emerald Lake and back to Ooty.
Any kinds of trips to Ooty like round trip or a sight-seeing package from Tirupur to Ooty can be made available by Fast Track Call Cab. The distance from Tirupur to Ooty is 110 Km approximately. The approximate travel duration is 2 hours 45 minutes to reach Ooty from Tirupur by taxi. Fast Track Call Taxi is the best car rental platform to hire a cab from Tirupur to Ooty. You can book a cab from Tirupur to Ooty and vice versa and experience the reliable services. Outstation specialist of Tirupur Taxi and Cab operator has a large fleet of cars to choose a taxi from Tirupur to Ooty at affordable prices.